- Whew, it’s been a week! February is off to a busy start for me. Work is getting super busy, and now that I’m done with Whole30, friends/family have been reaching out to me with let’s-hang-out invites and I’m accepting them with open arms. (I’ve missed my people!) I’ve had social plans after work Tues-Thurs this week, so I haven’t had much time to read blogs or collect any good articles around the internet, hence the random Five on Friday post today. 😉
- Chris and I bought a new bed on Sunday. We sold my queen-size bed from college to a nice old man on Craigslist Sunday morning, then we took the cash we made and headed to IKEA for a serious upgrade: a king-size bed with a much higher quality mattress than the one we had before. We even bought higher quality slats because they’re supposed to give better back support, too. This bed was definitely an investment, but apparently we spend about a third of our lives sleeping in our beds, so I’m sure this investment will be worth it. Pictures to come!
- I’ve been feeling really overwhelmed with our transition from an apartment to a house lately. We’ve been in our new place for almost four months now and we are STILL building IKEA furniture, organizing, decorating, buying new stuff for the house, doing yard work, and trying to get things set up. I’m seriously tempted to take a few days off work just to catch up on getting everything in order. I’m looking forward to when we can just enjoy living in our house instead of always working on it.
- I’ve been talking to a lot of homeowners about their house-buying process lately, and hearing their stories has given me hope that Chris and I might be able to buy a house by the end of this year after all. I’m learning that a surprising amount of people 1) put less than 20% down and/or 2) get their down payment from their parents or a windfall. I always assumed homeowners saved their full 20% down payment by themselves. Turns out I was wrong to assume that! Regardless, if Chris and I qualify for a first-time home buyer’s loan and are able to put less than 20% down on the house we want to buy, then owning a home by the end of this year just might happen for us. Fingers crossed!
- After a busy week follows a busy weekend. We are visiting some friends tonight who just had their second baby. Tomorrow we’re taking Otis to a Valentine’s Day pug meetup, then going to dinner at Chris’ mom’s house. Then on Sunday, I’m having brunch with a friend and maybe watching the Superbowl? Since I’m not a sports fan, I’ll probably end up napping instead.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?