I recently did a “What’s in My Gym Bag” post because I love “What’s in my purse/bag/etc.” posts and videos, so since I’m leaving for Seattle tomorrow, I thought it’d be fun to do a “What’s in my Carry-On” post! Here are some of my travel essentials for a short, domestic flight:
- My ipad: This is a must for when I travel because my ipad is basically my music and my reading material in one. And if I can get free wifi at the airport, I can check my social media accounts while I’m waiting to board the plane.
- Charger + headphones: Even if for some reason I’m not bringing my ipad, these are still essential to have with me to keep my phone charged 24/7 and to listen to music on my phone.
- Sunglasses: Who am I kidding? Sunglasses are an essential everywhere you go. But when you’re at the airport, sunglasses are good to hide behind if it’s early in the morning and you’re sans makeup!
- Wallet: For all that cash money, you know? Don’t forget your ID. And if you’re flying international, your passport!
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and gum: Planes are a place where you’re sardined in between tons of strangers so the last thing I want to do is have dragon breath while I’m traveling. Gum is good to have on hand but I still like to bring my travel toothbrush and toothpaste on the plane with me in case I fall asleep during the flight and feel the need to brush when I wake up.
- Germ preventatives: We all know that planes and airports carry lots of germs, so it’s important to at least bring some hand sanitizer with me. I also like to bring antibacterial hand wipes, tissues, and Airborne with me.
- Makeup bag: Whether it’s for my travel carry-on or my everyday purse, I like to bring a little makeup bag with me with some beauty basics, like a powder compact and lip gloss.
- Snacks: This is especially essential if you’re trying to save money and eat healthy while traveling because airport food is expensive and it can be hard to find healthy options. Larabars are my go-to when I want a quick, healthy snack to munch on during my flight.
What are some of your travel essentials? Am I forgetting anything?