Sixteen weeks! If you ask me, I feel like my pregnancy is going by slowly. I’m just really anxious to have a real baby bump already and to know/announce the sex of our baby. (We’ll find out on August 8th when I’m almost 20 weeks.) I’m also excited to start feeling baby kicks soon. Even though I’m in the second trimester, sometimes I still get pregnancy anxiety, so feeling baby kicks will be a daily reassurance that everything is ok in there.
Some notes from this last week:
- I’ve started to feel some lower back pain, mostly when I’m at work and I’ve been sitting for too long. I need to start getting in the habit of spending my lunch breaks walking on the treadmill in my building’s gym.
- I started our baby registry this week. Yes, it’s probably still early for that, but I’m actually glad I’m starting early because putting together a baby registry is SUPER OVERWHELMING. There are tons of things babies “must have” and then there are tons of different brands/versions of all these baby must haves, so a lot of research is involved. I did decide on what stroller and car seat we want, which are two big, important items, so at least those are out of the way!
- I’m still not feeling a ton of energy yet. On Sunday, I did feel pretty energetic and was able to be productive most of the day, but during the weekdays, I fall asleep around 8 or 9pm and don’t get out of bed until 7am. Sometimes I feel guilty over how much I sleep these days and how unproductive it makes me, but then I remember that once the baby is here, I will experience a kind of sleep deprivation I never even knew existed, so I must enjoy these long slumbers while I still can.
- Pregnancy hormones are no joke. Last weekend, I watched a video of the bond between a toddler and her dog on Facebook and it made me bawl because it made me think about how Otis and Baby M will be the best of friends (once Otis gets used to not being the only child anymore, of course).
- Speaking of Otis, he obviously doesn’t understand I’m growing a human inside of me, but he can definitely tell something is different about me. Over the last couple months or so, he’s been following me around the house a lot, and when I lay on the couch or on the bed, he will snuggle up right next to me and sometimes he’ll even rest his head on my belly. He has become my little shadow and it is the cutest thing ever!
This weekend we are going to a baby shower for one of my oldest and dearest friends. I can’t wait to take a picture with her and our bumps! I also want to take Otis to the drive-in to see The Secret Life of Pets.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?