I had so much fun putting together this post last month, I’ve decided to start posting monthly favorites again. This month’s favorites turned out to be all makeup products since that’s what I’m into right now, but I’m sure future months will incorporate more of a variety of things, like accessories, clothes, books, etc. Hope you enjoy this post and be sure to tell me about some of your February favorites in the comments!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup – I started wearing foundation again this month; the last time I wore foundation was in middle school and I had such a bad experience with it (the color foundation I chose didn’t match my skin tone and it felt very cakey on my face), I vowed never to wear it again and stick with only face powder. I decided to give foundation another try this month because I recently realized I have a lot of acne scarring on my face so I wanted something that would help cover those problem areas up better. Only this time, I knew for sure I wanted to try a high quality foundation and get color matched by one of the sales associates in Ulta to make sure I didn’t take home the wrong color. Since I love all things Urban Decay Naked lately, I went with their foundation and I’m so glad I did because it is so lightweight, it doesn’t even feel like I’m wearing foundation! Best of all, it gives me a better coverage on my face than powder does and really helps to smooth out any discoloration. I’m so glad I decided to give foundation another try, this foundation especially!
- Benefit POREfessional Face Primer – Once I was sold on wearing foundation again, I knew I needed a good face primer to help keep my foundation, and the rest of my makeup, on all day long. I had heard nothing but good things about this primer so I decided to give it a try this month; it definitely lived up to the hype! It helps my makeup to last all day long and helps to minimize the appearance of my pores, which is important to me because my pores are HUGE, so anything that can help make them look smaller is a win in my book.
- Maybeline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner – Something else I decided to give another try again this month was liquid eyeliner because it seems that a “wing” look using liquid eyeliner is really popular right now. The last time I tried using liquid eyeliner was probably high school but I wasn’t successful with it because my eyes are small (#asiangirlproblems) so after I’d apply the eyeliner, I’d open my eyes and the eyeliner would smudge onto the top of my eyelid. I love this Maybeline liquid eyeliner because 1) it dries quickly so I don’t have to spend a minute or more fanning my closed eyes after applying it and 2) the applicator has a super thin tip to help make the eyeliner go on smoother vs a regular brush tip that most liquid eyeliners come with. Thanks to this product, I’m all about wearing liquid eyeliner now!
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed – I’m getting more into bronzer and highlighter these days, so I thought I’d pick up this bronzer/highlighter/blush trio from Urban Decay’s Naked line (of course) in the “Naked” shades. What I love most about this product is that it’s three in one: I get three different makeup products in one package leaving me more room in my makeup bag. It’s only $32 too which seems like a good deal for not just one but three UD products!
- BS-MALL Makeup Brush Set – I highly recommend this brush set if you want a set of basic makeup brushes but don’t want to break the bank. This set comes with a variety of basic face and eye brushes all for just $12. This set is also good for beginners because the bigger brushes come labeled and the package as a whole comes with a little cheat sheat explaining which brush to use for what (contouring, concealing, etc).
- Lamora Eye Brush Set – Another good, affordable set if you’re looking specifically for eye brushes. Each brush comes labeled which is helpful for makeup novices like me!
What were some of your favorite beauty products/clothes/accessories/books/things in February?