Well, there’s no doubt about it: I’m bumpin’! Not only does the picture say so, but my husband and co-workers, people who see me everyday, agree that my stomach looks like a true bump now. Still not sure if complete strangers can tell, but that’s fine, no hurry. I’m sure in due time, I’ll have strangers giving me unsolicited advice and touching my bump without asking. So much to look forward to!
Lots of changes this week for the better:
- I’ve been feeling little to no nausea this week! And my food aversions are lessening! I ate chicken salads for lunch two days in a row and didn’t feel like I wanted to throw up before, during, or afterward. SUCH A WIN. I hope my body can keep this up because I am so ready to start eating healthy again; baby and I need more protein and veggies!
- Because my nausea and food aversions are going away (knock on wood), I feel like I was able to eat healthier this week overall, still not perfect, but better. I ate a lot of fruit, Ezekiel toast, Larabars, and started drinking iced green tea in the mornings. Also, I haven’t had cereal/milk in a week, and as a result, am starting to notice my skin clearing up a little. Hopefully in another week my complexion will be back to normal and I’ll finally have that pregnancy glow everyone talks about.
- I surprised myself this week. On Wednesday afternoon, I found out that Doug the Pug was going to be doing a meet n greet in San Francisco. I’ve been following Doug the Pug on Instagram since we adopted Otis and I always knew I wanted Otis to meet Doug someday. So when I found out Doug was in SF, I decided I had to take Otis there to meet him, even if it meant driving to the Bay Area and back on a work night! I ended up following through with this rare, spontaneous decision of mine, but realized afterward that I NEVER would have had the energy to take my dog on a spontaneous road trip while in the first trimester. I think that means I’m getting some of my energy back, which is super exciting!
- My back really starts to hurt if I sit for too long, so that kinda sucks.
- I’m still working on getting more physical activity. Yoga and running have not happened yet, but I did walk on the treadmill during my lunch one day this week! Chris and I are actually going on a hike this weekend, so that will be a great way for me to get some much needed exercise in.
How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?