January is known as the month when everyone pledges to start losing weight and hit the gym on a regular basis– myself included! In addition to starting my second round of Whole30 on January 3rd, I’ve also been making more of an effort to workout 4-5 times a week. Since it’s wintertime and I HATE working out in the cold, I signed up for access at the fitness center where I work. It’s been a long time since I’ve had any kind of gym membership, so I recently had to put together a gym bag with all my essentials. I thought it’d be fun to share them here because I personally love “what’s in your bag” posts!
First of all, the gym bag I use is this one by Bago in pink. Chris actually got this for me for Christmas because I wanted an overnight travel bag. I love this bag and thought it could double as a good gym bag, too.
Here are some of my gym bag must-haves:
- Workout clothes, obviously. I get all my workout clothes from Old Navy because they have super cute, affordable workout clothes. I don’t believe in paying a ton of money for clothes I’m just going to sweat in!
- My Nike running shoes. Perfect for off-running season treadmill running and just running in general.
- Socks, but not just any socks. I use Balega Hidden Comfort Running Socks. These socks are great because they wick away the sweat on your feet while running/working out. I used to get blisters on my feet when I would do my long runs, but not anymore! These socks = life-changing
- My Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor watch is definitely an essential! I bought this watch back in 2013 and I still love it to this day. It’s perfect for cardio workouts to help you keep track of your heartrate and to see how many calories you burn. I like this particular heartrate watch because it comes with a chest strap which ensures more accurate results.
- My water bottle, because hydration! I love this Nathan QuickDraw Plus Bottle for if I’m running outside and want to carry my water bottle in my hand, but for the gym, any ol’ water bottle will do.
- Earphones so I can listen to music while I’m working out. Listening to high energy music always gets me pumped to do cardio.
- Deoderant and hand wipes. If I need to go somewhere after my workout, I’ll use the wipes to wipe my sweaty body areas and then freshen up with the deoderant.
- Extra hair ties, of course, and dry shampoo (also good to use if I need to go somewhere after my workout).
- Lotion, because one day at the gym I switched into my gym shorts and noticed my legs were super ashy. Gym or no gym, ain’t nobody got time for ashy legs!
- A lock so I can keep my stuff safe in a locker while I workout.
What’s in your gym bag? What are some of your workout essentials?
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you decide to make a purchase, I earn a small commission. This commission helps me pay for the montly costs of running my blog. Thank you for your support!